1. The Internet is available through computer stations in the Woodward Memorial Library. Both filtered and unfiltered internet access is available.
2. All users of electronic information resources such as the Internet are expected to use these resources in a responsible manner, consistent with the educational and informational purposes for which they are provided and to follow these rules and regulations.
Responsible, ethical use of such resources includes the following:
- using resources for educational, informational and recreational purposes only, not for unauthorized, illegal or unethical purposes
- respecting the privacy of others by not misrepresenting oneself as another user
- by not attempting to modify or gain access to files, passwords, or data belonging to others
- by not seeking unauthorized access to any computer system, or damaging or altering software components of any network or database
- further respecting the privacy of others using public access workstations at Woodward Memorial Library by not interfering with their use
- making only authorized copies of copyrighted or licensed software or data
- not sending, receiving, or displaying text or graphics that may reasonably be construed as obscene, pornographic, or otherwise inappropriate
3. The following acts are prohibited:
- Transmission of material in violation of any federal or state regulation
- Criminal speech or activity, such as, threats to the President, instructions on breaking into computer systems, child pornography, drug dealing, purchase of alcohol and gang activities
- Copyright infringement or plagiarism
4. Disclaimer. The Woodward Memorial Library makes no warranties of any kind, whether expressed or implied, for the service it is providing.
5. The use of the Internet is a privilege, not a right. The privilege may be revoked at the discretion of library staff if a patron violates the library Internet policy or uses the Internet in an inappropriate manner.
6. The Woodward Memorial Library assumes no responsibility for the use of the Internet by children.
7. Woodward Memorial Library reserves the right to change the Internet policy at any time.
Reviewed WML Board of Trustees, 06/16